I’m swamped, but two quick points:
1. I’m not going to try to keep up with reactions to PRISM here, unless I think I have something potentially useful to add. If you want a news stream, read OAN or watch my PRISM tag on Simpy — I’ll grab everything I notice.
2. Peter Murray-Rust is blogging up a storm on publisher policies, copyright and Open Access:
- OUP wants me to pay for my own Open Access article – September 3rd, 2007
- OUP: Thank you for the response – September 4th, 2007
- Ingenta: It gets even worse; corrupt and resell – September 4th, 2007
- Ingenta: coda – September 4th, 2007
- Access to WHO? – September 5th, 2007
- Copyright paralysis from the British Library – September 5th, 2007
- Copyright paralysis from the British Library – update – September 5th, 2007
- Ingenta: more comment – September 5th, 2007
There is a great deal of confusion regarding publisher policies and the rights of readers, scholars, institutions &c. I hope that publishers will agree with me that Peter MR is doing a sterling job of getting these issues out into the open, where they can be clarified — to everyone’s benefit.