- Conversations: I’ve been yapping up a storm over at Dr Free-Ride’s place:
Adventures in Ethics and Science: Authorship, guests, and irony.
Adventures in Ethics and Science: Poetry (a poem for National Poetry Month)
Adventures in Ethics and Science: “The Real Science Ethics Issues”
- Hullabaloo: How Would A Patriot Act?
Digby has had a good idea: let’s send a copy of Glenn Greenwald’s new book to every single congresscritter. If not the Repubs, then at least all the Dems. They need it.
- The 2006 Photobloggies
Marked mainly so I don’t forget to go check out the nominees. I’ll nominate Chromasia, though, and maybe a couple of the others from my blogroll if there are suitable categories.
- Wholesome Goodness.: Elsewhere
Blogroll by logo. Would be fun to do one of these.
- Unphotographable: a text account of pictures missed
This is a picture I did not take…
- YouTube – Bambi Meets Godzilla
The first version I saw was a full-colour professional-quality rip-off, but this is the original. Still funny.
- Most common English words | Ask MetaFilter
Someone else had the idea of getting a head start on a new language by focusing on common words/simplified vocab. I pointed ’em to Basic English.
- Bitch PhD: For once, I disagree with Prof B.
Fashion magazines suck. Irredeemably.
- Now this is really disappointing
From an interview with the Dalai Lama: “Although he is known for his tolerant, humane views, he is a surprisingly harsh critic of homosexuality. If you are a Buddhist, he says, it is wrong. “Full stop. No way round it. “A gay couple came to see me, seeking my support and blessing. I had to explain our teachings. Another lady introduced another woman as her wife – astonishing. It is the same with a husband and wife using certain sexual practices. Using the other two holes is wrong.”” Hey, DL? Fuck you.
- Science and Politics: Linky Love
Bora provides a good roundup of science blogs.
- Uncertain Principles: Thank You for Grief-Pimping
That fucking 9/11 film.